As aging begins to show its mark, our skin starts to lose elasticity and volume which leads to sagging, fine lines, and wrinkles on the face. Unfortunately, we can’t stop the inevitable progress of aging that comes with the ticking clock. Injectable dermal fillers are a great way to restore the volume and radiance in your skin and return it to its original youthful state. Read on for how to turn back the hands of time with dermal fillers.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are soft, gel-like substances that are injected just below the skin. Dermal fillers work well with your body because of the main ingredient – hyaluronic acid. This naturally occurring substance is found in the body, and when injected, mimics your own HA. Fillers address a variety of concerns including sagging cheeks, loss of volume in the lips, and under eye circles without having to undergo surgery. A younger appearance can be accomplished with no down time and minimal discomfort.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Juvéderm: Juvéderm is known as the world’s #1 selling dermal filler collection because of their natural-looking and long-lasting results. With their variety of options, you’ll know your treatment will be customized to your specific needs.
- Juvéderm Ultra: One of the softest dermal fillers in the Juvéderm family. Juvéderm Ultra is used to treat mild to medium-depth wrinkles located from your nose to the corners of your mouth. Juvéderm Ultra treatments are usually relatively painless and quick. This is the ideal treatment for anyone seeking to smooth mild to medium-depth wrinkles or plump areas with minor skin depression.
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus: This filler is a thicker version of the Juvéderm Ultra. It’s used to fill in deeper facial wrinkles, nasolabial folds, and marionette lines. This filler choice is ideal for those looking to smooth deep folds and wrinkles or fill out deep skin depression or fat loss.
- Juvéderm Volbella: This filler is a combination of different molecular weights of hyaluronic acid that creates subtle volume. Volbella is usually suggested to clients that are looking to increase lip fullness or soften the appearance of lines around the mouth. Vobella is also known for being the thinnest type of filler in the Juvéderm family, making it a great option for filling out and smoothing the under eye area.
- Juvéderm Voluma: Voluma is ideal for deeper injections into the cheeks as it is the strongest and thickest filler in the collection. When injected, it defines the targeted area while giving your face a natural lift.
Radiesse: This dermal filler is suggested for moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds. If you are looking to fill nasolabial folds or correct volume loss in your hands, this is a great filler option. Over time, Radiesse stimulates your natural collagen, making your treatment long lasting with no downtime.
Restylane : Designed to act like your body’s naturally producing hyaluronic acid, this filler offers solutions for a variety of needs. Whether you are looking to correct severe facial wrinkling or fill in nasolabial folds, this filler will support and structure your tissue giving you a youthful appearance.
- Restylane Kysse: Lips with natural-looking volume and Kysse-able softness. Restylane® Kysse is the first lip filler designed with XpresHAn Technology™ for flexible movement and natural-looking volume proven to last for up to 1 year. 1-3 Enhance texture and color of the lips while maintaining a full range of expressions.
- Restylane Define: Crafted with XpresHAn Technology™, Restylane® Defyne helps smooth out deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines) as well as enhance chin projection. Using innovative cross-linking technology, Restylane® Defyne is a HA dermal filler that restores a more youthful, natural-looking appearance, while maintaining your expressions and movement.
- Restylane Contour: Restylane® Contour is the only cheek filler that uses XpresHAn Technology ™ providing flexible movement and natural looking results.
Liquid Lift: One of the most versatile options within the non-surgical options. Liquid lift can smooth wrinkles, enhance cheeks, restore volume, lift eyebrows, and plump lips. Results are immediate without prolonged downtime.
What to Expect
Typically, your treatment begins with a consultation to discuss your concerns and your desired outcome. Your provider will review types of fillers, what their results will be and your standing medical history. It’s important at that time to disclose any medications, allergies, or neurological conditions you have with your injection specialist.
Prior to the injections being administered, the site is prepped, and a topical anesthetic is applied to numb the area. Once numb, your provider will then carefully inject the filler below the skin. Once the treatment is finished, it’s possible to experience some bruising and swelling which may last three to five days after treatment.
Our trained specialists are happy to discuss which filler is right for you and talk through any questions you may have. Call today to schedule your FREE consultation and find out more about our current specials. Buy two syringes of Juvederm and get one free! Plus, until September 30, 2021 Alle members can earn double points when they purchase a treatment of Botox at the same appointment. You also receive an additional bonus of 100 Alle points if you purchase one of the following products or treatments between August 3 and September 30: Latisse, SkinMedica, CoolSculpting Elite, or Kybella.CONTINUE READING