Father’s Day is almost here, and at Belladerm, we believe self-care is important for everyone, including Dad. Like women, men need to manage stress and reduce anxiety in a healthy way. But for most men, “me time” is a foreign concept, reserved only for women. Self-care can mean anything with the intention of making oneself feel better on a physical or emotional level. Read on as we discuss why men need to practice self-care too.
Why Self-Care is Important
Men are notorious for not taking care of themselves. This may be due to societal conditioning, a general perception that men are supposed to be rough, tough, and able to withstand physical, emotional, and psychological pressure without buckling. Unfortunately, a lack of self-care can lead to premature aging, increased anxiety, depression, and in some instances, a shortened lifespan. Research shows that men under constant daily stressors are more likely to suffer from migraines, high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease.
Self-Care is More Than Just Looking Good
Many men think self-care is strictly about looking good physically. And while male grooming is important for a positive self-image, it’s not the only factor. Self-care is also about feeling your best, mind, body, and soul. There is no “one-size-fits-all” and creating a healthy self-care regimen is incredibly personal. It could include meditation, positive affirmations, communing with nature, massage, proper sleep management, a healthy diet, and of course, exercise. And, after the past year, even the most masculine man needs a chance to destress and enjoy life every once and a while.
The Ultimate Self-Care Gift Ideas from Belladerm
This Father’s Day, encourage the man in your life to take some time to reflect and decompress. If your dad, husband, or partner is new to self-care, a relaxing service from Belladerm is the perfect gift to get him started. Some of our services include:
- Gentlemen’s Executive™ facial – We combine therapeutic relaxation with corrective skincare treatments tailored especially for men. So not only will he come out feeling great, he’ll look great, too.
- LightSheer™ Laser Hair Removal – This non-invasive treatment is nearly pain-free with little patient downtime, and can treat the face, neck, chest, back, and more.
- BBL Broadband Light – Light energy gently heats the upper layers of the skin, stimulating the cells to regenerate and eliminating the vessels responsible for redness and sunspots for clearer, smoother skin.
- Halo™− A deeper treatment to improve the skin’s tone and texture—fading discoloration, diminishing veins and redness, combating wrinkles, and more.
- BOTOX® – BOTOX is a highly purified, naturally occurring protein that can precisely relax the muscles for treatment of wrinkles, lines, and the aging face for a smoother, more youthful appearance which can help to be more competitive in the job market.
At Belladerm MedSpa, we believe Dad deserves the best treatment. Choose from the above services or contact us to purchase a gift card that the man in your life can use at his convenience. Request an appointment or contact us to learn more.