This time of year, even though it is fun and exciting, leaves most of us walking around feeling frazzled and sleep-deprived. You have too much to do and just not enough time. Throw into the mix that you want to look glamorous for those multiple holiday parties you will be attending. We have some answers for some common questions this time of year:
Q: I’ve had too many late nights recently and my complexion is looking a bit dull. How can I look like I’ve had an early night even though I haven’t?
A: Add a hint of radiant light with glominerals Bronzers or Revision Intellishade. Apply these luminizers anywhere you want a subtle, natural glo that can instantly brighten your complexion. The perfect finishing touch! The Clarisonic is a great way to exfoliate your skin for a quick glow.
Q: I’ve got a few parties to go to in the coming week and I’m worried about oily shine ruining my makeup before the evening is over at these parties. How can I control the shine without caking on powder?
A: Dust your face with glominerals perfecting or finishing powder and finish with a spritz or two of hydration mist to set your makeup for the night. Tuck some oil blotting papers in your purse–these can be your best friend if you hope to avoid too much powder.
Q: I have quite a lot of larger, open pores. Is there anything I can do to minimize my pores when I prepare for my holiday gatherings? I’m self-conscious about them.
A: There are products available that will help reduce the appearance of larger pores. One to check out would be SkinMedica’s Rejuvenation Toner or Obagi’s Pore Therapy.
Belladerm would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We are here to help you find solutions for YOUR beauty questions. Stop in or call us today!
We normally don’t spend a lot of time thinking about how to take care of our lashes–we just expect them to be fine without a lot of help. With so many satisfied Latisse users out there now, growing long, beautiful lashes, it seems like a good time to think about caring for your lashes. Here are some tips:
- Clean your eyes thoroughly and gently each night. Makeup can attract bacteria and cause breakage to existing lashes. When cleaning makeup from eyes, first splash the face with warm water and pat the eye area gently with a cotton ball to remove as much makeup as possible. Follow with a commercial eye makeup remover and stroke the lashes gently with a fresh cotton ball to remove all traces of makeup.
- Consider applying olive oil to your eyelashes a couple of times a week. Do this by dipping a q-tip in the oil and gently brushing it onto your lashes. Almond oil or coconut oil can be used to get the same result, but olive oil is readily available. Apply the oil and let it sit with your eyes closed for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water. In addition, you may apply the oil before bed and leave it on throughout the night.
- Replace your mascara every three to six months. Mascara needs to be replaced more often, according to many dermatologists. Waiting longer may allow the mascara to harbor bacteria which can harm the lashes.
- Try using glominerals gloLash Thickener & Conditioner–a colorless product that nourishes, protects and conditions lashes. Green Tea fights bacteria and reduces inflammation, giving your eyes a reason to sparkle. Call or stop in to learn more about this product.
We’re willing to bet you’d like to be seen as being confident and sure of yourself when you are meeting new people. You may look polished (especially after you’ve been pampered by our staff!!) and have the latest fashion but you can’t forget to factor in what your body language is communicating about you! This can even tie into how much sleep you are getting because if you are feeling tired and sluggish, you are less likely to walk with a stride and are more likely to slump those shoulders. 🙂
First, let’s look at how you stand and walk. An upright stance conveys confidence, strength, power and motivation. Conversely, slumped shoulders with head looking towards the floor as you walk conveys a sense of uncertainty, uneasiness, weakness and a lack of self esteem. Try to keep your head raised squarely, as though it were being held upwards with a fine thread. We found an excellent article detailing importance of posture and the potential impact it could have on whether or not you get the job, too! You can find it here. Did you know this topic has been studied and it is very interesting! The January issue of Psychological Science tells all about studies that have been done. Professor Galinsky and his colleagues conducted three experiments to see how power and posture work with each other. What they found surprised them: proper posture increases the levels of the feel-good hormone testosterone and lowers the levels of the hormone cortisol, which is linked to stress.
“I was surprised by the findings that posture was more important than position,” Galinsky said in an interview with the Star. “Posture doesn’t just affect how others view you but how you regard yourself.” Not only does standing tall affect how people perceive someone else, but a person with correct posture, in turn, gains more self-confidence and self-assurance, they found. In simple terms, posture breeds empowerment. “Posture does make a difference. How you sit and how you stand will have an effect on how you are perceived.” Galinsky also reported. Now isn’t that good to know!?
Next, consider how you use body language when you are in conversations. Eye contact is huge. Leaning in or moving closer to a person when they are speaking to you communicates that you are comfortable with them and are truly interested in hearing what they are saying. Do you do this?
Nervous habits can sure send negative messages, too. Watch for these nervous body language bahaviors and see if you can make some changes that will help if you catch yourself doing any of them:
- Constant throat clearing
- Nervous laughter
- Tapping fingers on the table
- Fidgeting in chair
- Crossing arms and legs
- Hands covering mouth when speaking
- Poor eye contact
- Weak, clammy handshake
- Fiddling with objects or clothing
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skincare Routine
- Sun Damage