- Statement Collars: This look makes any outfit look polished! You can even find embellished collars on Etsy or how-to instructions online to make a DIY one for yourself! We are talking ultimate creativity here!
- The Navy Blue Peacoat: A good trend to invest in — your peacoat will never look out of style.
- Wine colors: Dark red and purple shades are a big statement this season — especially the shiny burgandy coat. Brick reds look great on warm skin tones, for example, while bluish plums look great on cool ones.
- Wear textures: Don’t go head to toe in texture, but add some fun interest to your outfit with texture. Think cashmere, angora or maybe mohair.
- Pointy pumps: These look fab with a dress or cropped pants but don’t pair them with wide-legged pants or you are just asking for trouble!
- Unlikely pairings: Purses are making statements this season with unlikely mixes of hardware and fabrics.
Falling Asleep After Sex Is Normal for Men — and Women
There’s a reason you and your honey feel tired after sex (and it’s usually not because one of you doesn’t feel like reciprocating). “After sex, oxytocin is released and that hormone is responsible for calming you and even inducing sleep,” says Patti Britton, PhD, clinical sexologist, founder of SexCoachU.com and author of The Art of Sex Coaching. Next time he dozes off, don’t take it as a sign of boredom, but rather, that your lovin’ is the ultimate stress-release!CONTINUE READING
Having Sex Can Make You Look Sexier
When a woman does the deed, her estrogen levels double. This can make her hair shinier and her skin softer. “Estrogen seems to be the fountain of youth for women,” says Britton. “It can even keep the body enriched with more moisture in the walls of the vagina.” Think of sex as the ultimate beauty treatment and get them nice and often.
Women Can Orgasm an Unlimited Amount of Times
After orgasm, men experience a refractory period during which they lose their erection. Women don’t need the same recovery time. “Women have unlimited capacity,” says Britton. “Often they think that once they experience their first orgasm, that they are done. On the contrary, women have the ability to experience one orgasm after another.” Britton also points out that both genders can have multiple orgasms but that men must master specific techniques in order to do so. This means the man must understand his body enough to know when to decrease stimulation right before he ejaculates. Once he’s achieved this, you’ve got a partner to ride the wave of successive orgasms with!
Sex Can Actually Lower Stress Levels and Keep You From Getting Sick
Did you know that when you’re super busy, getting busy can be just the thing to keep you sane? That’s because intercourse can lower blood pressure levels, making you less prone to stress. Regular sex can also give you higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A, which helps ward off colds and other infections. So, in case you ever needed an excuse for nooky, there you go.
Strengthening the PC Muscle = Better Bladder Control and Better Sex
You do crunches for your abs, but when was the last time you did your Kegels? It’s an exercise (similar to stopping the flow of urine when you’re peeing) that tones the pubococcygeus muscle (or, the PC muscle). “The PC muscle can help with bladder control, but even better, it can make your orgasms more intense and help you grip his penis when he’s inside of you, giving him more pleasure, too,” says Amy Levine, another sex coach. So, why not squeeze this exercise into your schedule? The move: hold your PC muscle (like you were holding in urine) for 10 seconds, then release for 10 seconds. That’s one. Repeat 10 times. For optimal Kegels, do 3 sets a day.
Sex Usually Lasts Less Than 10 Minutes
We’ve all seen those montages where a couple stays up all night doing it on every available surface, not stopping to eat or even take a bathroom break. But, in reality sex is usually not an all-night affair. There is nothing wrong with your love life! “If you want it to last longer, your guy needs to get in touch with his body to be able to slow down his arousal arc,” she says. “He can use techniques such as breath control to help him last longer.”
We are setting some records for heat lately and it looks like our sticky weather is staying around. This not only presents some challenges with our hair and makeup, but also with our fashion and comfort. So how do you shop for fun summer styles that won’t make you sweat? Something cute, chic and that won’t make you melt? Keep these three tips in mind when shopping summer fashions.
- Fabric: Just say no to silk and satin. It may look nice and cool, but it sure is awesome at showing off sweat stains. Go ahead and skip on fabrics like satin, silk and polyester which will leave very visible sweat stains and don’t breathe very well. Instead, opt for something more lightweight and natural fabrics like cotton, rayon or linen.
- Fit: Clingy styles will make you sweat. It’s as simple as that. So no matter how much bodycon looks may be in vogue, they’re the last thing I’m thinking about if I’m going to be out in the sun all day. Instead, opt for something easy, breezy and flowy. Look for loose tops, dresses and anything “breathable” that won’t stick to your skin and make you sweat.
- Color: White is one of summer’s hottest colors, but this is the steamiest part of summer. White + sweat = no good. If you’re worried you may very well melt when outside, try something in a print, bright or dark color instead.
No matter what clothes you choose to wear in the summer heat, be sure you also wear your sunscreen! Belladerm has you covered with the top of the line sunscreens like SkinMedica Environmental Defense, Obaji and Revision Intellishade.CONTINUE READING
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
January 8, 2020
February 11, 2008
March 5, 2008
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Rejuvenation
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skincare Routine
- Sun Damage