Nothing says spring like a pretty skirt! Ever wish you had a little help figuring out the perfect spring skirt for your body type? Let’s face it, not every skirt looks good on every body! In the ideal world, we’d throw on any skirt and suddenly look cute. We rounded up some help to offer you. There are so many different styles, it can be hard to know where to start.
IF YOU ARE PETITE:
What to look for: A fitted style that won’t overwhelm your small frame. Pick skirts that fall above the knee — a pleated skirt worn with platforms will give you height and elongate your frame.
What to avoid: Long skirts that fall below the knee, which make you look like a teapot … short and stout.
IF YOU ARE HOURGLASS-SHAPED:
What to look for: A classic wrap skirt is great in a simple solid color. Or an A-line skirt with a belt helps accentuate a small waist and show off those curves.
What to avoid: Flouncy skirts with too much fabric. They’ll just hide your curves, which is the last thing you want to do.
IF YOU ARE CURVY:
What to look for: A straight, structured skirt in solid colors (like a classic pencil skirt) to add sleekness to your shape. Just make sure it’s not too tight.
What to avoid: Loose, flowing styles with tons of fabric. They’ll only add bulk.
IF YOU ARE RECTANGULAR/STRAIGHT:
What to look for: Tulip, bubble or mermaid skirts to add the illusion of curvy hips to a boyish frame. Have fun with pleats, layers, ruching and ruffles.
What to avoid: Straight styles that don’t create any curves. A slim pencil skirt is a no-no. Look for fuller styles to add volume and help fill out your figure.
IF YOU ARE PEAR-SHAPED:
What to look for: A simple A-line skirt that falls right above your knee to give your rear and thighs a hiding place. The slight fullness at the hem will draw attention away from your hips (tweed is great at hiding bulges).
What to avoid: Stay away from leather skirts. Tight fabric will just make you look more bottom-heavy.
IF YOU ARE APPLE-SHAPED:
What to look for: A chiffon or silk skirt to give a bit of ease to the silhouette. The flowy fabric will help hide a tummy and balance out your upper body.
What to avoid: Skirts with pockets or pleats that gather near the waist. Also avoid straight skirts, because they’ll make you look heavier on top.
IF YOU HAVE SHORTER LEGS:
What to look for: An above-the-knee skirt to lengthen your legs. In other words, shorter hemlines are your new best friend. Another great way to elongate your legs is by wearing black opaque stockings.
What to avoid: Skirts that hit at mid-calf or lower. They’ll overwhelm your petite frame and make you seem even shorter.
IF YOU HAVE WIDER HIPS/THIGHS:
What to look for: A-line skirts that sit low on your waist, hit at your knee and are slightly flared. Dark colors are super slimming.
What to avoid: Short or tight skirts, they’ll just draw attention to your problem areas. If you’re not crazy about your thighs, then have the hemline hit right at the bottom of your knees which is a more flattering area.
Mother’s Day is almost here and Belladerm wants to wish every mom a HAPPY, RELAXING MOTHER’S DAY!
Now let’s talk candidly for a moment about motherhood. Moms are notorious for not taking time for themselves, isn’t that right? I mean, they have to take care of the whole family first and then whatever time is left over (read: none) a mom will plan to focus on herself. More often than not, there just isn’t enough time to go around and moms adjust to a constant state of feeling stretched too thin and vow that they will just have to enjoy “me time” later on when life slows down. The problem IS, it really won’t slow down. You must carve out (painfully sometimes) the time to just be YOU and relax a little. Whether it is having lunch with a friend, reading a few chapters of your favorite book or going for a run…the time you take for yourself will reap huge rewards not only for you as a mom, but for your kids. What they get in return is a refreshed, more vibrant mom. We love to see moms come in and enjoy some pampering – a facial, a makeup consultation or whatever makes them feel pampered and beautiful. It feels good to know that we are rejuvenating them so that they can return back to their families in a better state of mind and that they will have the simple satisfaction of knowing they took some “me time” and didn’t put it off until tomorrow, or next year, or even next decade! This time you steal away, no matter how brief it is, will make a big impact in your life and in your sense of self. We invite you to make it a goal to enjoy some quality time away from the daily grind to recharge your batteries. You totally deserve it! Keep up the great work, moms!
We want to make it easy for you to get something for Mother’s Day. When you purchase a gift card of $150 or more between now and Mother’s Day (May 13th) you will get $50 in Bella Bucks to use with the gift card or keep for yourself to do a little pampering of your own. This link will take you to our website where you can purchase right online!
April is here, the grass is getting green and the trees are budding! This is such a rejuvenating time of year. Did anyone fool you good on April Fool’s Day?
We hope you made it out to shop for some of the latest trendy colors for spring. Let’s continue with part 2 of our fashion trend update for spring.
- Anoraks: While you may not be familiar with this term, you likely know what they are already. They’re a super lightweight, casual cover-up that will give your look a sporty edge with lots of style. You’ll find them shiny or matte, long or short, and neutral or colored. Fabrications like nylon, polyester and acetate give them a particularly authentic active appearance.
- Pink short suits: A blazer with shorts? Yep, that’s right. It may take the right person to pull off this look, but it definitely is on the trend list for spring!
- Peplum skirts, shirts, and dresses: These are defined by a short flared ruffle that sits at the natural waist. Show off your curves in this look! They do look best on more slender women, however. They can add bulk to the hips so if this is your problem area, maybe reconsider.
- Open shoulders: They make the entire outfit look relaxed and seductive.
- Wider shorts: We wore lots of shorts last season, but they just got wider this year!
- Futuristic prints: You’ll see a lot of strange, colorful prints out there this year, but floral prints are still very much a hot item, too.
- Boatneck shirts and dresses: This look shows off your feminine shoulder line. For formal occasions, designers offer more demure versions of this trend but for casual garments, neckline can go as deep as you wish.
- Hot pants: This trend will definitely motivate us to get working out if the thought of the quickly-approaching swimsuit season hasn’t already! It isn’t the first spring/summer we’ve seen these. It doesn’t look like they are going away anytime soon. If you prefer to hide your legs more in the summer, maxi dresses are still very trendy so you won’t have trouble finding full-length dresses! 🙂
If spider veins are keeping you from showing off your legs this spring/summer in the trendy fashions, stop in to learn more about treatment options! There are a couple of different ways to treat these unsightly veins and one is using a laser–so no injections at all! Sclerotherapy treatments happen to be on SPECIAL right now, as well. Take 15% off treatment packages now through April 30th! Helping you look and feel your best is our specialty.CONTINUE READING
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Rejuvenation
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skincare Routine
- Sun Damage