We want to wish all of our blog readers a very Happy New Year! Here’s to a prosperous, beautiful new year!
We’ve had a pretty mild winter so far, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t fun to escape the cold temps and head somewhere for a vacation in the next few months. Have you made plans? Don’t forget to also plan ahead for your beauty treatments to get your bod ready for the beach and pack your sunscreen! Remember, we also carry UVB accessories like hats and sunglasses!
If you are taking your family on a trip, these are some great places to consider besides the ever-popular Florida destination:
- Turks and Caicos: Nestled in the beautiful, exotic Caribbean islands, Turks & Caicos is a top contender in popularity for families with children of all ages. There are so many opportunities for families to unite, have fun together and explore a piece of paradise. A fun, unique attraction is the Conch Farm which is the only farm that raises conchs, tour the Turks & Caicos Museum, go whale watching for the giant humpback whale, relaxing together on the white-sand beaches, swimming, snorkeling or scuba diving as well as bird watching and enjoying beach barbecues. Lots of fun in the sun!
- Bahamas: As this popular family vacation destination is just a few short hours from the coast of Florida, your vacation travel budget can go far enabling you and your family to enjoy more fun together. There are so many tours and activities available. Some examples include dolphin encounters and swims, jet-ski adventures, kayaking trips, stingray encounters, parasailing, sunset cruises, snorkeling and scuba diving, native shows, biking tours, jeep tours, sub tours and glass bottom boat rides, fishing, sea lion encounters. White-sand beaches, turquoise waters, ethnic cuisine and beautiful exotic flowers and warm climate all make this destination a fun and relaxing location to visit.
- Dominican Republic: With at least 800 miles of coastline along the azure waters of the Caribbean sea located at the east end of the island of Hispaniola, Dominican Republic welcomes families who will find that the many all-inclusive resorts in the country are ideal for vacations. Of course beach activities abound with water sports like jet skiing, kayaking, river rafting, wake-boarding, water skiing, surfing and kite-boarding as well as day trips to visit the local national park, Ocean World Adventure Park for close-up encounters with dolphins, sharks and tigers, horseback-riding and whale watching during the months of January through Mid-April.
- Kauai, Hawaii: Kauai is the garden island in the Hawaiian chain. You and your family will find an abundance of activities that are family friendly. There is so much to explore and do, for instance Hawaii Movie Tours, Captain Andy’s Sailing Adventures, the South Pacific Dinner Show, Kauai Zip Line Adventure, dinner cruise, helicopter rides, Kauai Children’s Discovery Museum, Koke’e Natural History Museum, visit some of Kauaii’s nine amazing and varied state parks. Hawaii’s temperate climate draws families to vacation there year-round.
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico: Many exciting opportunities are available for your family to make memories together that will last a lifetime. This area is one of Mexico’s most popular destinations where you can participate in a wealth of activities including day cruises, canopy tours, relaxing on the warm beaches, horseback riding, sailing, mountain biking, hovercraft riding, an evening experiencing a true Mexican Fiesta, sea turtle encounter, sea kayaking, swimming with dolphins or sea lions, deep sea fishing or whale-watching.
Oh, and here’s a 2012 vacation fashion tip–bright hues are popular for those getaways right now. Think clear, vibrant orange hues and striking bright pink shades. They will look beautiful with your sunless tan that you apply before you take off! Bon voyage!