The holiday season is a great time to give to others with random acts of kindness. Did you know that science shows that random acts of kindness are highly contagious! When we see someone else helping another person, it gives us a good feeling which causes us to go out and do something altruistic ourselves. Random acts of kindness are thoughtful and caring and will always brighten someone else’s day. While the possibilities for the things you can do to be kind are endless, the most important thing is to expect nothing in return. Complimenting people often and expressing sincere gratitude are great ways to get you started.
Here are five more Random Acts of Kindness:
- Visit or send postcards to sick kids in the hospital. Even if you don’t know them, kids will love having someone new to talk to. So bring a small gift, like a card or stuffed animal, to show them that people are thinking of them.
- Visit the elderly and bring them cookies or another holiday treat. Encourage them to tell their stories and listen intently. Besides, his kind of interaction will brings smile to all faces
- Volunteer for a cause you care about. Find a homeless shelter in your area, and offer your help with meals and transportation. If you love animals, look for an animal shelter or rescue. Help out by cleaning cages and taking the dogs for walks.
- Being kind to yourself is just as important as being kind to other people. Take care of yourself by getting rid of negative thoughts. Take a break to read a good book, have a beauty treatment, and be sure to compliment yourself. Support yourself with positive affirmation, and be patient when things don’t go exactly as planned. This will also put you in a better mindset to help others.
- Pay it forward. Pay for the meals of the people sitting next to you at a restaurant. Cover the coffee for the people in the car behind you at the drive-thru. Feed the parking meter for the car next to yours to keep them from getting a ticket. Pay for tickets for the family in line behind you at the zoo or movies.
In conclusion, get creative with your family and friends and discuss some things that you feel would make a positive difference in someone’s else day. Good habits start with doing and they become habits with repeating. Random Acts of Kindness do not have to be saved for the holiday season only. Furthermore, thinking of others and giving your time and effort is a wonderful practice any time of the year.
Happy Holidays! Enjoy this wonderful season!
From your friends at Belladerm Medspa