There are some of you who may be shocked that Valentine’s Day is already this week! Others have been planning a special date for months now or have a special surprise up your sleeve, and you can hardly wait. It can be difficult to decide what to do with your Valentine to celebrate, year after year. Do you find yourself stuck doing the same things on your dates because it is just easy and you don’t have to put much effort into it? That sort of thinking is definitely void of romance and spontaneity. We’d like to encourage you to think outside the box this Valentine’s Day in order to bring back the romance with your Valentine. Here are 5 ways to heat things up this Tuesday and for years to come.
- Nostalgia Date: This is a fun one. Have you ever recreated your first date? Go to places you went when you first started seeing each other. If you now live in a different area you can wear something you would’ve worn, and play music you were listening to back then. Share memories and reconnect on a new level.
- Dance the Night Away: Nothing says romance like dancing! Sign up for a ballroom dance lessons with your Valentine to really heat things up. Not only will you be having fun and getting close, you’ll get your heart rate up, too!
To receive a free Ballroom Dance Lesson for you and your Valentine – just mention ‘Belladerm’s Ballroom Dance Gift”-compliments of Arthur Murray Twin Cities Dance Centers. They have two location, St. Paul 651-227-3200 and Minneapolis 612-920-1900. * New students only. Offer expires 2/28/17.
- Don’t Act Your Age: Choose something you haven’t done for a long time…something active and exciting. Competitive, perhaps? Maybe it is laser tag, go-karts, a trampoline park, rollerskating or ice skating. The options are endless but getting out of the “dinner and a movie” rut is refreshing! Try something new this year.
- Visit a Paint/Pottery Shop: Making something together with your hands makes for a very interactive date and you’ll have a keepsake to take home in remembrance of your fun evening. Getting lost in creativity will help you have some fun, relaxing conversations, too.
- Don’t Forget the Little Gestures: Leaving love notes taped on your Valentine’s steering wheel, decorating the bathroom mirror with lipstick kisses, sending steamy text messages during the day…these all sound like minor ways to show your affection, but they mean a LOT. Don’t underestimate the power of the little things!
Have fun on Valentine’s Day, and remember: Love is not meant to be given and received just on Valentine’s Day. Instead, it’s to be practiced every single day of the entire year. Keep it going and be sure to tell your special someone how much they mean to you every single chance you get.
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY from all of us here at Belladerm MedSpa!