When it comes to makeup over 40, some of the rules you lived by in your 20s and 30s no longer apply. In this article, I share some secrets I’ve discovered along the way to make you look fabulous at forty, fifty and beyond.
Tip #1 Remember Your Skin Comes First, Always
The first rule to makeup is to make sure your skin is in it best condition. The better your skin, the less makeup you’ll need. In fact, keep your skin well hydrated and exfoliated and you may be able to get away with little more than under-eye concealer, mascara and lip balm every day.
Tip# #2 Choose the Right Foundation
Many older women still use the same foundation they used 10 years ago. However, your skin changes not only yearly, but also seasonally. In winter months, you may need a creamy formula. In summer months you may find your skin becomes oily and a tinted moisturizer will do. Glo Minerals, Luxe Liquid Foundation is a perfect choice. It is formulated with light-diffusing powder, broad spectrum UV protection and specialized moisturizing agents to deliver a flawless, youthful radiance.
Tip #3: The Secret Lip Plumper
You may notice that as you get older, your lips seem thinner. To plump them up lip-gloss is your best bet. Nothing works better, in fact. Add a little color first by filling in lips with a lip liner a shade or 2 darker than your natural lip color, then add a dab of gloss on top and voila! Instant lip-plumper.
Tip #4 Stay Away From Dark Lipsticks
Unless you have dark skin and plump lips, I recommend staying away from super dark lipstick, better bets are rosy and pinks shades. I like Glo minerals sheer lipsticks. They offer an ultra-moisturizing formula that delvers a perfect subtle tint.
Tip #5: Try Eye Pencils Instead of Liquid Liners
Eye pencils are softer than liquid liners, which can be harsh on aging eyes. To soften the line even more, smudge it with your fingers or use an angled makeup brush dipped in dark shadow as a smudge-y eyeliner (this is how I line my eyes these days). Don’t line the inside of the eye if you have small eyes, it makes the eye appear smaller.
Stop by any time if you’d like to experiment with our Glo Minerals Makeup line. Our Aestheticians can help you choose the makeup that is perfect for you.
Ahhh, Minnesota. Where this year’s weather rollercoaster took us from winter directly to summer, skipping spring altogether. In September, we are out on the lake and at the park in the 80-something weather thanking our lucky stars that the warmth will last a little longer! All of this unpredictability keeps life pretty exciting, don’t you think? Or frustrating is maybe a better word? We ARE officially in the fall season and the cool drop in temps reminded us of that on Monday morning as we stepped out the door to a blustery breeze and insisted to our kids that shorts and a t-shirt wouldn’t cut it today like they did yesterday.
With fall, comes new fashion! Now that IS something to keep life exciting. Let’s talk about what you’re seeing out there in the stores and on the streets. Here are the top 5 easy-to-incorporate fashions for Fall 2014:
- THE WRAP COAT: Who doesn’t love wrapping up in a warm, fuzzy robe post-shower? This style of coat will give you the same feeling and you’ll look beautiful, too. The tie at the waist give you a custom fit since it is so adjustable.
- BLUE and ORANGE: Hues of blue will wash over every store and you’ll also find lots of fun orange tones. Before you write off the orange as a can’t-do, just remember that there are MANY different shades out there. You’ll find flattering shades of orange to match any skin tone from vibrant color to muted, pumpkin-esque hues.
- THE MIDI SKIRT: Fall’s ultimate transition piece is ladylike and can work for anyone because it can be paired with so many different options on top.
- SHEARLING: Great news for those of us battling with the polar vortex! You’ll see this on collars, vests, and even boots.
- MATCHING TOPS AND BOTTOMS: A trend started this summer is continuing on this season. If one uniform pattern is just too much, try adding a sweater or jean jacket over the top to offer a little more variety.
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Sun Damage