It’s time to talk fashion trends again as a new fashion season is on the horizon. Fall usually brings more subdued tones and colors–think deep plums, rich browns, creams, blacks and greys– to the forefront. This season is an exception, however. In the stores for fall 2011, you’ll see splashes of bolder color than you usually see for fall styles. You’ll see crimson, sky blue and neon orange, to name a few. Read on for more trends:
- Something else to look for is texture overload. Designers are putting together elements that aren’t usually found on the same garment. Silk comes along with fur and knitwear, sequins and leather make a perfect combination and even plastic goes well with chiffon and wool. Sounds crazy? It does. And it does look a bit crazy, too.
- Pleats and frills will rule the racks this fall. Though unisex looks can be found easily, many designers think femininity should be preserved. It’s the greatest news for those girls who don’t want to transform into strong and courageous men and prefer to remain sensual women. Pleats, frills, cute rosettes and lovely embroidery help us look romantic. And we sometimes want to look romantic, don’t we?
- Fashion goes wild this fall. Besides zoological prints, like leopard and python, to which we have already got accustomed due to the fact every single season designers use these in their creations, this fall we see lots of feathers and wild animals printed on fabric.
- Get cozy in faux fur. As with sweaters, fur is the perfect material for winter. And it looks chic, too, whether you go with a little or a lot.
- Midi length skirts are the new thing. Pull off a more relaxed look with a knit fabric or go for a polished look with a narrow silhouette style.