- Carrots: Carrot sticks are the best snacks to munch on during the summer because the orange pigment beta-carotene gives skin an extra glow while protecting cells from free radical damage. Carrots protect your skin from sun damage (though you still need to wear SPF) while giving you a boost of energy.
- Iced Green: Skip the bloating with your diet soda and sip on chilled green tea to boost your metabolism throughout the day.
- Baked Protein Chips Protein chips are an easy option to throw in your beach bag and will keep you fuller longer. They are low in fat, so they won’t leave you with that ‘gross feeling’ after you eat them.
- Frozen Grapes: Not only will this icy treat boost your skin with antioxidants, they are also perfect for staying cool in the summer heat. Plus, each frozen grape is only three calories, so you can munch away without guilt.
- Water: Though seltzer is a healthy alternative to soda and other sugary drinks, water is the best option to hydrate you inside and out on a hot day.
- Protein Shake: Protein shakes are easy to bring to the beach, all you need to do is stick a packet in your bag along with some water to mix. They’re creamy and filling, without causing you to crash midday from extra sugar.
- 100% Fruit Juice: Cold fruit juices containing low-glycemic sugars are full of antioxidants. Just remember to make sure it’s 100 percent natural juice, other fruit drinks are packed with unwanted sugar and calories.
Nothing says spring like a pretty skirt! Ever wish you had a little help figuring out the perfect spring skirt for your body type? Let’s face it, not every skirt looks good on every body! In the ideal world, we’d throw on any skirt and suddenly look cute. We rounded up some help to offer you. There are so many different styles, it can be hard to know where to start.
IF YOU ARE PETITE:
What to look for: A fitted style that won’t overwhelm your small frame. Pick skirts that fall above the knee — a pleated skirt worn with platforms will give you height and elongate your frame.
What to avoid: Long skirts that fall below the knee, which make you look like a teapot … short and stout.
IF YOU ARE HOURGLASS-SHAPED:
What to look for: A classic wrap skirt is great in a simple solid color. Or an A-line skirt with a belt helps accentuate a small waist and show off those curves.
What to avoid: Flouncy skirts with too much fabric. They’ll just hide your curves, which is the last thing you want to do.
IF YOU ARE CURVY:
What to look for: A straight, structured skirt in solid colors (like a classic pencil skirt) to add sleekness to your shape. Just make sure it’s not too tight.
What to avoid: Loose, flowing styles with tons of fabric. They’ll only add bulk.
IF YOU ARE RECTANGULAR/STRAIGHT:
What to look for: Tulip, bubble or mermaid skirts to add the illusion of curvy hips to a boyish frame. Have fun with pleats, layers, ruching and ruffles.
What to avoid: Straight styles that don’t create any curves. A slim pencil skirt is a no-no. Look for fuller styles to add volume and help fill out your figure.
IF YOU ARE PEAR-SHAPED:
What to look for: A simple A-line skirt that falls right above your knee to give your rear and thighs a hiding place. The slight fullness at the hem will draw attention away from your hips (tweed is great at hiding bulges).
What to avoid: Stay away from leather skirts. Tight fabric will just make you look more bottom-heavy.
IF YOU ARE APPLE-SHAPED:
What to look for: A chiffon or silk skirt to give a bit of ease to the silhouette. The flowy fabric will help hide a tummy and balance out your upper body.
What to avoid: Skirts with pockets or pleats that gather near the waist. Also avoid straight skirts, because they’ll make you look heavier on top.
IF YOU HAVE SHORTER LEGS:
What to look for: An above-the-knee skirt to lengthen your legs. In other words, shorter hemlines are your new best friend. Another great way to elongate your legs is by wearing black opaque stockings.
What to avoid: Skirts that hit at mid-calf or lower. They’ll overwhelm your petite frame and make you seem even shorter.
IF YOU HAVE WIDER HIPS/THIGHS:
What to look for: A-line skirts that sit low on your waist, hit at your knee and are slightly flared. Dark colors are super slimming.
What to avoid: Short or tight skirts, they’ll just draw attention to your problem areas. If you’re not crazy about your thighs, then have the hemline hit right at the bottom of your knees which is a more flattering area.
Mother’s Day is almost here and Belladerm wants to wish every mom a HAPPY, RELAXING MOTHER’S DAY!
Now let’s talk candidly for a moment about motherhood. Moms are notorious for not taking time for themselves, isn’t that right? I mean, they have to take care of the whole family first and then whatever time is left over (read: none) a mom will plan to focus on herself. More often than not, there just isn’t enough time to go around and moms adjust to a constant state of feeling stretched too thin and vow that they will just have to enjoy “me time” later on when life slows down. The problem IS, it really won’t slow down. You must carve out (painfully sometimes) the time to just be YOU and relax a little. Whether it is having lunch with a friend, reading a few chapters of your favorite book or going for a run…the time you take for yourself will reap huge rewards not only for you as a mom, but for your kids. What they get in return is a refreshed, more vibrant mom. We love to see moms come in and enjoy some pampering – a facial, a makeup consultation or whatever makes them feel pampered and beautiful. It feels good to know that we are rejuvenating them so that they can return back to their families in a better state of mind and that they will have the simple satisfaction of knowing they took some “me time” and didn’t put it off until tomorrow, or next year, or even next decade! This time you steal away, no matter how brief it is, will make a big impact in your life and in your sense of self. We invite you to make it a goal to enjoy some quality time away from the daily grind to recharge your batteries. You totally deserve it! Keep up the great work, moms!
We want to make it easy for you to get something for Mother’s Day. When you purchase a gift card of $150 or more between now and Mother’s Day (May 13th) you will get $50 in Bella Bucks to use with the gift card or keep for yourself to do a little pampering of your own. This link will take you to our website where you can purchase right online!
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
November 6, 2019
February 11, 2008
March 5, 2008
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skincare Routine
- Sun Damage