The warm weather is right around the corner and with it, the sun’s harmful UV rays which can cause damage and premature aging. Don’t be afraid to show a bit of skin, but make sure to protect it. That doesn’t mean you have to stay inside or lather on the heavy foundation but it may be time to change up your summer skin care routine. If you prepare your skin now, you can show off your bare-faced, beautiful complexion all season long. Read on for our top 5 ways to prep skin for summer.
Medical Cosmetics and Sunscreen
Our skin is the most exposed organ to harmful stressors during the summer. You should proactively defend it with high-grade medical cosmetics including moisturizers, serums, and eye creams, for your daily morning and evening routines. And don’t forget the sunscreen – the single, most important product to use during the sunny summer months. Belladerm carries a variety of top product lines to keep you protected and looking your best year-round:
- The SkinMedica® aesthetic product line includes repairing creams and sunscreen formulated to restore the skin and promote self-healing.
- iS Clinical® serums improve complexion and provide antioxidant protection.
- Colorescience® offers non-chemical sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays throughout the day.
- Epionce® toners, cleansers, and sunscreen keep your skin clean, refreshed, and protected.
Facials are an effective way to detoxify the skin, promote blood circulation, lower stress, treat acne, and help repair sun damage. They can even encourage collagen production and give you a smoother, more even skin tone. Belladerm offers a wide range of facial services to keep your skin healthy and glowing throughout the season. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- The Bella Classic Corrective and Gentlemen’s Executive™ defend against environmental aggressors, reduce imperfections, and feel amazing at the same time.
- Our specialized HydraFacial™ exfoliates to clear away imperfections like sun damage, blackheads, whiteheads, enlarged pores, acne, brown spots, uneven skin tone, and wrinkles. This four-in-one treatment uses a variety of revolutionary serums and is great for oily or acne-prone skin.
If you’ve been squinting in the sun and are struggling with frown lines, crow’s feet, or deep forehead wrinkles, consider BOTOX®. This treatment only takes a few minutes and is performed by our highly skilled injection specialists. With BOTOX®, you won’t have to worry about those lines getting deeper.
In the summer, your levels of hyaluronic acid (HA) may decrease the more you are in the sun. HA is a naturally occurring substance in your body that retains water, giving you plumper, softer, and smoother skin. Skip the highlighting and opt for a non-surgical face lift with our dermal fillers, which replace the HA you have lost over the years.
Microneedling is the perfect treatment for busy summer schedules. It’s quick and versatile, treating a variety of skin issues from hyperpigmentation and scars to sun damage and stretch marks. The more skin is exposed to the sun, the less collagen it produces. Microneedling increases the production of collagen, making your skin look and act younger. Best of all? It’s not just for the face; treatments can be applied to the neck, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, and back.
Your skin is your body’s largest organ. Make sure it’s protected this summer with proven, effective skin care products and treatments from Belladerm MedSpa. Our expert aestheticians can recommend the best brands and services that align with your desired goals and outcomes. Request an appointment or contact us to learn more.CONTINUE READING