You’ve heard many times about the importance of wearing sunscreen and most of us think of the long days at the lake or golfing–times when we spend hours in the sun. It is critical that you understand it is the small things that add up, too. Every time you take your dog out for a quick walk and when you drive around every day with the sun shining in your window–you need sunscreen during these quick outings, too. We’d love to help you choose the right sunscreen so if you need to stock up for summer, drop in and we’ll be happy to assist you!
Your sleep position can also prevent wrinkles. Experts believe that sleeping on your stomach or on your side when your face is being pushed in that same position over and over again can be a problem. They recommend sleeping on your back with a pillow under your knees to prevent rolling.
Speaking of sleep, we also must realize the importance role it plays when it comes to skin care and the appearance of our skin. A recent study suggested that people who slept eight hours a night were actually perceived by others to be not just more beautiful and more attractive physically, but healthier. When a person sleeps, their whole body, including their skin, rejuvenates. Re-hydration takes place during sleep, which means the cells of the skin repair themselves during the night.
Isn’t it time that we spoiled those hands a little? Follow these easy steps for giving dry, calloused, overworked hands the royal treatment. Using a few key ingredients and in just 20 minutes, you’ll have gorgeous hands worth holding.
To get started, remove all jewelry from your hands. Next, assemble the necessary ingredients and equipment. You will need liquid soap or shower gel, sugar, olive oil or a bath and body oil blend, vanilla extract, basic soy wax (available at your local super craft store), two large microwave safe mixing bowls (one with warm water and one for the soy wax) lotion and two towels. Let’s begin!
- The first step is easy, because you’ve done it since you were tall enough to reach the sink, washing your hands. Instead of vigorous hand washing gently wash them with a fragrant liquid hand soap. Be sure to get underneath your nails.
- With hands still wet, it’s time to exfoliate. Exfoliating softens callouses and removes dead skin. First warm 1/2 cup of olive oil in the microwave. You can make it as warm as you like, but not too hot, you don’t want to melt the sugar you will add. Too cool and your sugar will cool your olive oil. Of course there’s nothing wrong with not heating your olive oil, but warm oil on tired hands feels incredible.
- Add your olive oil to 1 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of liquid soap and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. The sugar works as an exfoliant, the liquid soap will emulsify when you rinse off the mixture and the vanilla extract just smells good.
- Mix together your sugar scrub and cover your hands, wrists and forearms. Working your way gently toward your elbows,use as much of the mixture as you want and pay special attention to those dry patches and callouses. Rub until mixture starts to feel “drier” and most of the olive oil has absorbed. Rinse off the sugar scrub mixture.
- Place the soy wax in one of the bowls and melt in the microwave. Be careful not to bring the wax to a boil. It should be just melted thoroughly. This is the fun part. Once the soy wax melts, plunge your hands into the bowl of melted wax. Relax and enjoy until wax starts to harden. You definitely want to remove your hands BEFORE the bowl of wax completely hardens.
PEEL and SOOTHE
- After removing your hands from the wax bowl, gently peel the dried wax from your hands. After you’ve thoroughly peeled the wax, fully immerse one clean towel into the second mixing bowl filled with warm water. Wring the excess water from the wet towel and wrap both of your hands in the towel for a soothing treat.
- Once you remove the towel, generously apply all natural body lotion on your hands to lock in moisture.
Follow these instructions and your hands will feel amazing. Repeat the process once a week to see improved results.
Finally, if you don’t want to go to all that work, we will be glad to give you a FREE parrafin hand dip the next time you stop into Belladerm. Just mention it to Vanessa or Flora at the front desk and they will be glad to give your tired winter hands some much deserved recognition!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Shenay_Shumake
You should be smiling this Valentine’s Day if your special someone gives you a box of chocolates that include almonds, too! They are not only a tasty treat, but they are good for your heart and skin.
Almonds contain a wide variety of nutrients and they can help to decrease wrinkles and improve cardiovascular immune, eye, blood and bone health. Consider these additional benefits:
The array of essential nutrients packaged neatly by nature into almonds provides amazing health benefits. Studies show that almonds are heart healthy because eating them can lower cholesterol levels in those with elevated levels. Other benefits include improved complexion, maintaining eye sight and shiny, youthful hair.
Almonds Improve Cardiovascular Health and Sun Damage
Almonds are an excellent source of vitamin E and magnesium, a good source of protein and fiber and offer heart healthy monounsaturated fats, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and iron. Vitamin E is an important antioxidant that boosts the immune system, protects cell membranes and helps the body make red blood cells. According to research sun exposure can deplete vitamin E from the skin, making it more vulnerable to sun damage. This is why vitamin E is used in many skin care products. Almonds contain antioxidant levels as high as tea and broccoli (good news for fussy eaters). Antioxidants deactivate free radicals which are elements in the body that can damage and destroy cells and lead to everything from skin aging to cancer, heart disease and stroke. Eat ’em up!
Belladerm wishes you a Happy Valentine’s Day! Be good to yourself and those you LOVE! We invite you to sign up for our newsletter and check out our specials this month!CONTINUE READING
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Rejuvenation
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- MedSpa News
- RF Microneedling
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skincare Routine
- Sun Damage