- Statement Collars: This look makes any outfit look polished! You can even find embellished collars on Etsy or how-to instructions online to make a DIY one for yourself! We are talking ultimate creativity here!
- The Navy Blue Peacoat: A good trend to invest in — your peacoat will never look out of style.
- Wine colors: Dark red and purple shades are a big statement this season — especially the shiny burgandy coat. Brick reds look great on warm skin tones, for example, while bluish plums look great on cool ones.
- Wear textures: Don’t go head to toe in texture, but add some fun interest to your outfit with texture. Think cashmere, angora or maybe mohair.
- Pointy pumps: These look fab with a dress or cropped pants but don’t pair them with wide-legged pants or you are just asking for trouble!
- Unlikely pairings: Purses are making statements this season with unlikely mixes of hardware and fabrics.
How far would you go to protect your face from the sun? Would you surrender your fashion sense and raise some eyebrows of bystanders to guarantee sun protection? Have you heard of the face-kini?
All the rage on the beaches of China, the face-kini is a protective head mask that guards the skin from the sun. (They also protect against insects and jellyfish.) Face-kinis come in a variety of styles, cost less than $5, and are also often paired with full bodysuits. These are becoming increasingly popular, especially this year. If the trend takes off in the US, would you wear one? Chime in and let us know your thoughts? Smart sun protection or creepy?
If you are looking for a more “normal” looking way to protect your delicate facial skin from the sun, stop in to see our selection of sunscreens and fashionable hats that are anything but creepy and definitely won’t make you look like a bank robber. 🙂 Belladerm carries SkinMedica, Obagi, and Revision sunscreen.
We are setting some records for heat lately and it looks like our sticky weather is staying around. This not only presents some challenges with our hair and makeup, but also with our fashion and comfort. So how do you shop for fun summer styles that won’t make you sweat? Something cute, chic and that won’t make you melt? Keep these three tips in mind when shopping summer fashions.
- Fabric: Just say no to silk and satin. It may look nice and cool, but it sure is awesome at showing off sweat stains. Go ahead and skip on fabrics like satin, silk and polyester which will leave very visible sweat stains and don’t breathe very well. Instead, opt for something more lightweight and natural fabrics like cotton, rayon or linen.
- Fit: Clingy styles will make you sweat. It’s as simple as that. So no matter how much bodycon looks may be in vogue, they’re the last thing I’m thinking about if I’m going to be out in the sun all day. Instead, opt for something easy, breezy and flowy. Look for loose tops, dresses and anything “breathable” that won’t stick to your skin and make you sweat.
- Color: White is one of summer’s hottest colors, but this is the steamiest part of summer. White + sweat = no good. If you’re worried you may very well melt when outside, try something in a print, bright or dark color instead.
No matter what clothes you choose to wear in the summer heat, be sure you also wear your sunscreen! Belladerm has you covered with the top of the line sunscreens like SkinMedica Environmental Defense, Obaji and Revision Intellishade.CONTINUE READING
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
November 6, 2019
February 11, 2008
March 5, 2008
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skincare Routine
- Sun Damage