After three months of summer “fun in the sun” your skin needs extra TLC. Hopefully you were conscientious of remembering to apply sunscreen regularly. Even with the extra protection, your skin can still take a beating from the effects of the sultry summer sun.
The fall season is the best time of the year to renew, refresh and rejuvenate your skin. Change is in the air and your skin is ready to be exfoliated and restored to reveal a more youthful and radiant you.
To help you achieve optimal results, here are our top three recommended procedures to rejuvenate your skin this fall:
1. IPL™ Photorejuvenation
As the population ages, ever-increasing numbers of people are interested in improving their appearance. IPL™ technology can be used to help restore the skin’s youthful appearance.
Our IPL Quantum SR™ technology is a unique, non-ablative procedure that promotes healthy looking skin; including the reduction of diffuse redness, reduced pore size and improved skin tone and texture. The procedure creates a gentle warming of the skin, and is truly a “no downtime” procedure so you can have the procedure done over your lunch break. We can simultaneously treat a wide range of facial concerns safely and effectively, such as broken capillaries, skin discoloration, age spots, freckles, mottled pigmentation, and the symptoms of rosacea. A thorough consultation with one of our skin care experts will determine the proper treatment for your specific needs.
2. Chemical Peels
When your skin needs a refresher after the long summer, consider getting a chemical peel. Chemical peels are designed to speed up the skin’s natural exfoliation process, and can help to eliminate or reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and pigmentation. These treatments may be part of a facial, and some of the more intensive peels are effective for treating acne, eliminating scars and strengthening the skin tone.
Chemical Peels effectively treat a host of skin problems including acne, discolorations and fine lines and wrinkles. A chemical solution is applied to the face, which removes the damaged outer layer of skin and unveils softer, smoother, more radiant skin. Most procedures take less than an hour to perform, with minimal discomfort during the treatment. There are a variety of chemical peels offered at Belladerm and we will work with you to determine the best peel for your skin concerns.
The HydraFacial offers a variety of serums to specifically target your skin issues, including:
• Sun damaged skin
• blackheads and whiteheads
• Enlarged pores
• Brown spots
• Uneven skin tone
• Early aging fine lines and wrinkles.
This is a revolutionary skin treatment that gently clears away imperfections and improves the look and feel of your skin. HydraFacial is an advanced non-invasive, non-surgical procedure that quickly and easily delivers results without the use of lasers or harsh chemicals. It combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration and antioxidant protection simultaneously, resulting in clearer, more beautiful skin with no discomfort or downtime. HydraFacial targets fine lines and wrinkles, congested and enlarged pores, oily or acne-prone skin, hyper-pigmentation and brown spots.
Autumn is the season to embrace change. Like the leaves on the trees, your skin is transforming from the summer to the fall and may need help with the transformation. With these top three post summer sun procedures, you’ll be ready to embrace the new season with beautiful renewed and rejuvenated skin.
To find our which treatment plan is best suited for you, please call give us a call at 763 494-9905. As always, consultations are always complimentary at Belladerm Medspa.
You’ve heard William Shakespeare’s eloquent proverb, “the Eyes are the window to your soul.” Perhaps what he was stating is that by looking deeply into a person’s eyes, you can tell who they are and how they feel on the inside. Your eyes tell a story with each expression you make, but as we age those expressions can falsely project the emotions that we feel inside. Crows feet, wrinkles and under eye bags can make us look tired, sad or older than we are or how we feel. Now you can erase crow’s feet, grow longer lashes, reduce wrinkles and fill in under eye bags with these four ways to beautify your eyes.
1. Latisse– Latisse is a powerful eyelash growth stimulator available by prescription. It is a liquid that is applied daily to the base of your lashes using a small applicator brush. Latisse will grow your lashes longer, fuller, and darker. It can take 10-12 weeks to see a big difference so a little patience is required. But once they start growing, you will love the result! You do have to continue using Latisse regularly to maintain the effect. Latisse helps you look like you have eyelash extensions – except they are your own lashes!
2. Botox- Botox will relax your crows feet wrinkles and lift your eyebrows. With time most of us develop wrinkles radiating out from the corners of our eyes. These are commonly called the crow’s feet wrinkles and they can certainly make your eyes look older. These wrinkles are one of the most common areas for cosmetic Botox injections. Botox relaxes the outer eye muscles that cause these wrinkles. It usually takes about one to two weeks for the Botox to “kick in” fully, but once it does; those wrinkles soften considerably and sometimes go away completely. And not only will your eyes look younger with the wrinkles gone, but also they can also appear bigger and more open.
3. Dermal Fillers– No one likes to hear, “You look tired”. Especially when you don’t feel tired. Many individuals suffer from bags under their eyes. This condition can worsen with age. Dermal fillers under the eyes help with the problem of bags and fills in the depressed curve that forms between the cheek and the bag. Dermal fillers can also build up the cheek to help smooth the area between the bag and cheek. The goal is to fill the trough below the bag and lift the cheek to provide a more natural contour between the two, effectively masking the appearance of the bag.
4. TNS Eye Repair. When comes to eye cream, we are bombarded with dozens of marketing messages everyday and it can seem almost impossible to choose the right one. One product that is highly recommended at Belladerm Medspa is Skin Medica’s TNS Eye Repair. It is the ultimate eye treatment cream, formulated with NouriCel-MD®, peptides, high concentrations of Vitamins A, C & E and Hyaluronic Acid to dramatically improve the appearance of the delicate skin around the eyes. TNS Eye repair contains growth factors that increases firmness and elasticity, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and strengthens the delicate skin around the eyes. Vitamin E hydrates the fragile skin around the eyes while multiple extracts help to reduce the appearance of dark circles. Vitamin A gives a gentle exfoliation to the delicate eye area and assists in decreasing fine lines and wrinkles.
Your eyes don’t have to tell a false story of how you are truly feeling on the inside. With these four ways to beautify your eyes you can look healthier, more youthful and well rested. Always consult with a certified and highly trained nurse injector or physician to establish a treatment plan that is best suited for you. As always, consultations are complimentary at Belladerm Medspa!
“My Eyes Rejuvenation Package”
Purchase 24 units of Botox
& 1-5ml Latisse and get
1 TNS Eye Repair Free
This package also earns double Brilliant Distinctions points
from July 14th through August 28th. That’s $75 towards future Allergan products and services!
While Supplies Last
Cannot be combined with other offers
My clients often ask me what the difference is between Botox and fillers. While both non-surgical procedures can take years off your appearance and soften those stubborn lines, there are distinct differences between the two.
First let’s talk about Botox. Botox is a medication that relaxes the facial muscles. Some wrinkles on the face, such as those between the eyebrows are created by facial expressions. As we move our faces, certain lines develop and become deeper over time. Botox can be injected into the exact muscle that causes the wrinkles. Botox relaxes the muscle and as a result improves wrinkles. Dermal fillers, on the other hand, are used to add volume to the skin.
Dermal fillers, unlike Botox injections, fill the line or crease to achieve a fuller more youthful appearance.
Some wrinkles on the face, such as those from the nose to the corner of the mouth, are caused by a loss of volume in the skin over time. Dermal fillers are injected into the skin to add volume and soften wrinkles and folds. The most obvious area where wrinkles appear are the lines around the mouth, also known as smile lines or parenthesis’. A good rule of thumb is, from the eyes up is for Botox and from the eyes down is dermal filler. There are exceptions to this, however that should be discussed with your injectionist.
Both Botox and dermal fillers can give you an amazing youthful look for a fraction of what a traditional face lift costs. Lines and wrinkles can be treated in less than 30 minutes with results that can last from three months to more than a year.
I like to carefully assess my clients concerns to determine what treatment plan is best for them. I tend to take a more conservative approach when using Botox and fillers on my clients. The goal should be to achieve a more youthful yet natural appearance.
Everyone’s face is a unique form of art, so treatment plans will vary from one person to the next. To find out which treatment plan is best for your needs, consult with a reputable, trained and registered practitioner.
As always, at Belladerm our consultations are complimentary!
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Rejuvenation
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- MedSpa News
- RF Microneedling
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skincare Routine
- Sun Damage