You’ve heard many times about the importance of wearing sunscreen and most of us think of the long days at the lake or golfing–times when we spend hours in the sun. It is critical that you understand it is the small things that add up, too. Every time you take your dog out for a quick walk and when you drive around every day with the sun shining in your window–you need sunscreen during these quick outings, too. We’d love to help you choose the right sunscreen so if you need to stock up for summer, drop in and we’ll be happy to assist you!
Your sleep position can also prevent wrinkles. Experts believe that sleeping on your stomach or on your side when your face is being pushed in that same position over and over again can be a problem. They recommend sleeping on your back with a pillow under your knees to prevent rolling.
Speaking of sleep, we also must realize the importance role it plays when it comes to skin care and the appearance of our skin. A recent study suggested that people who slept eight hours a night were actually perceived by others to be not just more beautiful and more attractive physically, but healthier. When a person sleeps, their whole body, including their skin, rejuvenates. Re-hydration takes place during sleep, which means the cells of the skin repair themselves during the night.
When you hit the beach this summer, you’ll be seeing some of the regular styles and some newcomers, too. Look for these trends if you are buying swimwear this spring:
1. Our favorite: Strategic ruching and subtle stitch details and ruffles add oomph to what you already have and flatter and enhance what you don’t. Handy. Very handy.
2. Exotic: World Safari looks with Native American, Moroccan and African inspiration will thrill.
3. High Tech: Glamorous metallics will be filling the racks in different hues.
4. Patterns: Geometrics, flowers and paisleys galore and in very vibrant colors!
5. Americana: From summer gingham to chic nautical stripes–you’ll find a range of looks.
6. Elegant Vintage: Retro glam is hot and you’ll see high-waisted two-piece numbers in stores and on the beach.
7. Hardware: Metal buckles, buttons, and rings will add jewelry-like accents.
8. Embellishment: Studs, beads, and rhinestones, OH MY. You’ll see lots of dazzle this year!
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Sun Damage