The growing trend continues. Numbers are on the rise for men undergoing aesthetic procedures like BOTOX. Sometimes, it is the special woman in their lives who urge them to consider it and other times, it is just because they are noticing a more tired appearance in the mirror. Men have a strong need to feel confident in the way they look, too. Especially when it comes to the workplace, men are boosting their confidence by undergoing a simple procedure that takes minutes, but has a great impact.
The parents of the baby boomers elected to ‘grow old gracefully’ because they really had no other choice. This generation does have a choice — and due to the popularity and safety of most cosmetic procedures, men have decided to improve their appearance as much as women do. It is common for men to be concerned about wanting a very natural look so that it won’t be obvious that they had something done. Most men want to look refreshed and well-rested. A common treatment area is the 11’s between the eyebrows. As we age, they can give a continuous angry, tired or frustrated look to the face. Even a subtle change can make a big difference in how these men feel about themselves.
Men who have cosmetic procedures are just as happy as women with the results and are just as likely to return for more. You won’t hear them talking about it like women, though. You’d probably be surprised to find out how many men you know have had some sort of cosmetic treatment. It just doesn’t come up in conversation and they are less likely to admit that they have needed anything done to improve their looks. That is changing, too. Former Olympic superstar Mark Spitz has been speaking out for a couple of years to encourage men to consider cosmetic procedures as part of their overall life regimen so they can look and feel their best. As a spokesperson for Allergan, he’s been happy to share his experience. He says, “BOTOX has helped me feel more positive about the way I look and feel. When you’re confident, you feel better and you attract people that are positive around you. It’s a contagious emotion.”
We’d love to hear from you. Are you a guy willing to share your experience? Are you a woman who wishes her man would look into a cosmetic procedure? Do you think it is taboo for men?
Well, we HAD to ask that…b/c we can HELP you in that arena…in a BIG WAY!
So just what WOULD be some good beauty resolutions? Funny you should ask; we have a list ready to go!
- Purge that old makeup! It is TIME, ladies! Toss it out, replace it with something fresh!! Yes, even that one. Just let it go. Besides, new makeup is FUN and you’ll be having a blast with your new cosmetics.
- Along those same lines, get rid of your old sponges and brushes. At the very least, give them a thorough washing! We don’t need to get out a microscope to convince you, do we?
- Protect your skin. Every day. Period. You may think you’re too busy to bother, but it makes a DIFFERENCE in the long run! Slather on a teaspoon’s worth of sunscreen on your face, neck and the backs of your hands. Don’t forget, they are aging, too, and have seen a LOT of sun! Stop in to see our selection.
- Renew your tired skin! Try an anti-oxidant serum in the morning for a glowy, beautiful look!
- Try something new! We’d love to advise you about what your options are for beautification in 2011!! Stop in or give us a call anytime. You’ve probably wondered about fillers, BOTOX or Latisse. Your friends are likely buzzing about them and you just aren’t sure about it yet. A free consultation will give you the information you need to make some decisions. Longer lashes, losing your frown lines, renewing your skin? We’re excited about it all and have thoroughly enjoyed helping hundreds of clients achieve their beauty goals over the years!
- Update your look. We’re talking anything from Extreme Makeover-esque to just finding a new color of blush that flatters your complexion!
- Get some new highlights! The new trend right now is Ombre–a technique that gradually lightens hair from the root to the tip so that your highlights look more natural! Like they did when you were a young child in the sun all day!
- Lastly, catch enough ZZZZZZs. You’ll ALWAYS look better after a night of 8 hours or more. Make that your goal this year! An extra bonus is that this will help your diet, too! Studies show there is a direct correlation between staying up late and gaining weight or struggling to lose it. The culprit is no secret–it is partly because you are awake more hours to eat, right? And who doesn’t get hungry around midnight!?!?
Best of luck to you as you consider your goals and your desires for reaching them! Please let us know if there is any way we can help!CONTINUE READING
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skincare Routine
- Sun Damage