Have you always considered red lipstick off limits for yourself?? Think it looks amazing on your friends and actresses in the movies but cringe when you think of trying it out? THINK AGAIN! Red lipstick is a universal classic and has yet to go out of style. This is an especially great time of year to wear red with your beautiful holiday dresses or pretty red sweaters/tops.
But, you’re not alone. Many women steer clear of any hue of dazzling red because they simply feel it is too bold and over the top for their look or their coloring. We’re ready to share some tips that will make you reconsider red!
Tip Number One: The secret lies in the rest of your face
The paler the skin, the bigger the pop. You will look like a clown if you don’t go light on the eyes and blush so take it down a notch. Skip eyeliner and go for only mascara.
Tip Number Two: Pick the right color
Plum shades will look better on you if your skin tone is pink and more yellow complexions will be flattered by warmer tones of red, with a brown base.
Tip Number Three: Line the inside of your lips
Yes, red lipstick is known for bleeding, so to combat this problem, fill in lips with lip liner first.
Tip Number Four: Keep your nails in sync
Consider non-red nail polish when your lips are sporting red. If you must go red on the nails, make sure it matches your lips.
Tip Number Five: Blend and blend some more
Did that shade of lipstick look great in the tube but simply awful (too bright/dark/etc.) when you slicked it on your lips? No problem. Makeup artists blend different shades together to create the perfect shade if they need to. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
Tip Number Six: Choose lighter shades if you are older
Our lips thin as we age and dark lips can accentuate them. To keep lips from looking too severe, try a rosy red instead.
As always, Belladerm is here for you. Whether you’re hoping to enhance your lips with fillers or would just like some help in selecting a perfect glominerals lipstick for youself, our staff is ready to help! Now, pucker up and find some mistletoe to stand under with your sweetie!
Q: DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE RED LIPSTICK? Share it here!!
Turn Up the Tunes!
A big part of holiday cheer comes with the music that we hear during these festive days! Have you ever noticed how it just puts a smile on your face and a warm feeling in your heart? Whether you are decorating your tree or baking oodles of Christmas cookies, some joyful music will add a special touch. Your favorites are probably the songs you heard as a child. Our memories are tightly linked to those familiar songs and melodies.
Wonder what the best-selling Christmas album in the United States is? It’s Bing Crosby’s album Merry Christmas with 15 million copies sold. The second best-selling Christmas album of all time (per January 2008), is Elvis’ Christmas Album by Elvis Presley, with nine million sold in 50 years.
Best-Sellers in the Last Decade
- The best-selling Holiday album of 2000 was Dream a Dream, by Charlotte Church
- The best-selling Holiday album of 2001 was Now That’s What I Call Christmas!, by Various Artists.
- The best-selling Holiday album of 2002 was Wishes: A Holiday Album, Kenny G.
- The best-selling Holiday album of 2003 was Harry for the Holidays, by Harry Connick, Jr.
- The best-selling Holiday album of 2004 was Merry Christmas with Love, by Clay Aiken
- The best-selling Holiday album of 2005 was The Christmas Collection, by Il Divo
- The best-selling Holiday album of 2006 was a Wintersong, by Sarah McLachlan
- The best-selling Holiday album of 2007 was Noël, by Josh Groban (also best selling album of 2007)
- The best-selling Holiday album of 2008 was also Noël
Bring in the New
There are so many new noteworthy albums that come out each year, too. Make it a point to not only bring out your old favorites, but to also add to your holiday music collection.
The 2010 crop brings a new host of music. Did you catch America’s Got Talent this year to hear 10-year-old Jackie Evancho’s angelic voice? Her holiday cd is packaged with a DVD of her AGT performances. Other new releases for this year include:
- Christmas in Harmony by Wilson Phillips: It’s the ’90s all over again, thanks to a holiday reunion of pop’s most earnest female trio.
- A Christmas Cornucopia by Annie Lennox: A lushly produced affair, and several songs are aided by thundering percussion and the African Children’s Choir.
- Happy Christmas by Jessica Simpson: She keeps things simple and fun on her second holiday disc, highlighted by a loose and bluesy Willie Nelson duet (Merry Christmas Baby) and a lovely reading of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
- Merry Christmas II You by Mariah Carey: Her disc includes a rousing live performance of O Holy Night and an extra-festive version of All I Want for Christmas Is You (which isn’t much different from the original, aside from a few extra chimes).
Whatever you decide to play for music this holiday season, be sure to share it with the ones you love! And when you stop in to see us we will have the holiday music on, so HAPPY HOLIDAYS from all of us at Belladerm! Make it sparkle!CONTINUE READING
You, Only Better™
Belladerm MedSpaTM is Maple Grove’s state-of-the art medical spa, offering today’s most advanced and effective procedures to the Twin Cities area.
- Annual Open House
- Belladerm News
- Best of 2014 Medspa
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2018
- Body Sculpting
- Cool Sculpting
- diVa vaginal therapy
- Fillers and Botox
- Hair Care
- Laser Hair Removal
- Love Life/Sex Life
- Skin & Body Health
- Skin Care
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Sun Damage