Sandals in summer are pretty…but not everyone has pretty feet! Dry, cracked feet with calluses tend to stick out like a sore thumb in pretty summer sandals. Make sure yours are sandal worthy by spending just a little bit of extra time!
First, some products you might consider buying:
Ped Egg Foot File: This is one of the best foot files out there. Diligently scrub away at your dead skin and calluses with these ergonomically designed stainless steel files. Concentrate on the heels, and any other dry and cracked areas of the foot.
Avon Foot Works Pedi-Peel: Glycolic acid in these treatment pads helps to slough off the rough, callused layer of skin that covers the heel so your moisturizer can more effectively penetrate the area.
Next, develop a consistent routine to keep your feet pretty. It doesn’t have to take long! You may be surprised to find that you look forward to the foot pampering as it is a wonderful way to slow down and relax a bit! Try this out:
- Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes. Add some bath salts, a little bit of bubble bath and some olive oil. ( YES olive oil!!) The bubble bath soap will clean, the bath salts (or sea salt if you don’t have any) will soften dry skin and the olive oil will moisturize. If you have more time on your hands… luxuriate with some nice music and some candles. See, this can be fun and relaxing!
- Use toothbrush to brush the side of each toenail. Massage a exfoliating scrub at the bottom of your foot and then use a pumice stone (or the Ped Egg mentioned above) while the scrub is still on. Slough away dead skin and buff down those calluses to give your feet that smooth feeling. Rinse away everything with cool water.
- Trim your toenails in a squarish shape in order to prevent ingrown nails. Gently push back cuticles.
- Massage your feet for a couple of minutes with a nice moisturizing cream; massage in long upward motions. Try to massage your feet every night even if it is only for one minute!!! It’ll make the skin look fantastic, it relaxes tired feet and just feels good!!!
- Finish with polish–the ultimate way to pretty up your feet! NOW you are ready to call attention to your toes because your feet are ready to show off!
Don’t forget that these pretty feet will look even better without any unwanted hair. Of course we can help you with that! Give us a call today.CONTINUE READING